Dental Bonding in Mesa, AZ
Everyone has something they’d like to change about their smile. Whether it be enhancing the color, filling in the gaps between teeth, or even restoring a cracked tooth, we all experience cosmetic dental concerns that we’d like to change. The good news is that resolving these issues may not be as difficult as you think. With professional dental bonding at Restoration Dental in Mesa AZ, you can achieve the radiant smile you’ve always wanted in as little as one fast, convenient visit. Here’s what you should know about how dental bonding could benefit you.
Restore Your Trust . . . Restore Your Confidence . . . Restore Your Smile
Restoration Dental: Dependably Providing the Highest Standard of Care
What is Teeth Bonding?
Tooth bonding is a cosmetic dental treatment that is used to enhance the color, size, and/or shape of damaged teeth. It accomplishes this by bonding composite material that is the same color as your natural teeth to your teeth. Cosmetic tooth bonding can resolve many a number of oral health imperfections, such as:
- Restoring chipped or cracked teeth
- Improving the color of stained teeth
- Filling in gaps between teeth
- Lengthening teeth
- Filling in cavities or replacing silver fillings
- Protecting the roots of teeth that are exposed from gum recession
Dental bonding works best for patients who have minor cosmetic dental issues, but whose overall oral health is good.
Dental Composite Bonding Process
Dentists and patients alike love the results that come from bonding because it’s a fast, affordable, and effective way to improve the appearance of your smile. This means that there’s no need to prepare for the treatment in advance and anesthesia won’t be used (unless you’re having a cavity filled). You can expect your this cosmetic tooth repair treatment to last between 30 minutes and one hour, depending on the condition of your teeth and how many teeth the dentist is bonding.
During your tooth bonding procedure at Restoration Dental, here’s what will take place:
- The dentist will select a composite color that precisely matches the color of your natural teeth.
- Then, they will roughen the surface of the teeth that will be bonded, followed by coating it in a conditioning liquid.
- The composite material will be applied to your damaged tooth, which will be formed into the right size and shape.
- The dentist will use a special light to help the composite bonding to harden quickly.
- Once it’s completely hardened, the dentist will make any necessary adjustments and polish it to ensure it looks natural.
Cosmetic Bonding Care
Performing good oral hygiene habits at home will help your dental bonding stay strong and beautiful for years to come. This includes:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day
- Flossing daily
- Avoiding hard items that could damage your bonding, such as ice
- Visiting Restoration Dental every six months for checkups and professional cleanings
How Long Does Dental Bonding Last?
The lifespan of your dental bonding will depend on where it’s located as well as your oral health practices. With good oral hygiene habits, it’s common for dental bonding to last anywhere from 5-10 years.
Restoration Dental: The Best Place for Dental Bonding
If you think that achieving the radiant smile of your dreams is too difficult, expensive, or time-consuming, think again. With professional tooth bonding, you can improve an array of dental imperfections in just one visit to the dental office. At Restoration Dental, our trusted dental team is eager to help you enhance the color of discolored teeth, improve the appearance of cracked or damaged teeth, and fill in gapped teeth with cosmetic dental bonding in mesa AZ. Give us a call today to schedule your consultation to see if you’re a good candidate for dental bonding. You won’t believe how easy transforming the appearance of your smile can be!