Missing teeth are among the most common dental concerns affecting adults of all ages. While a missing tooth may seem like a cosmetic problem, it can also significantly impact your oral health, causing other teeth to shift and contributing to bone erosion. For this reason, it’s important to have missing teeth replaced as quickly as possible. At Restoration Dental, our compassionate team can help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile with dental implants. Before scheduling your consultation, you need to know how dental implants could improve your oral health and quality of life.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium rods that are shaped like screws that are used to replace a missing tooth’s root. They’re inserted directly into a person’s jawbone, which provides a strong foundation for a dental crown to be attached once the implant and bone have fused. This creates a superior dental restoration that looks natural, feels like your own tooth, and is as easy to care for as your natural teeth, unlike traditional dentures or dental bridges. A good candidate for dental implants is someone who has one or more missing teeth, no other serious oral health problems, and enough jaw bone to support the implant.
Dental Implant Restoration Options
At Restoration Dental, we’re proud to provide different types of dental restorations to meet your individual needs. These include:
- Single-tooth implants: These use one implant and dental crown to replace one missing tooth. Implant-supported crowns are one of the most common types of restorations for replacing missing or severely damaged teeth.
- Implant-supported bridges: These are made up of two dental implants positioned on either side of a gap caused by multiple missing teeth to hold the prosthetic teeth in place. A traditional dental bridge requires modification to the healthy surrounding teeth. Bridge implants allow those teeth to remain intact.
- All-on-4 Dentures: Also called implant-supported dentures, these replace a complete set of missing upper or lower teeth. Rather than using an implant for every missing tooth, four dental implants provide a strong foundation for a full arch.
Dental Implants Procedure Process
Regardless of what type of treatment you need, the dental implant restoration process will take place in four parts.
- Implant consultation: Before we can begin treatment, we’ll need to have a consultation to determine which type of dental implant restoration is best for you.
- Placement: Once the dentist has confirmed that you’re a good candidate for dental implants, they will insert the implant into your jawbone. This process is virtually painless, thanks to anesthesia.
- Healing Time: After placing the implant in your mouth, your mouth needs to heal before your tooth-colored crown can be attached to it. The process takes up to six months. We will place a temporary crown while you wait for your mouth to heal.
- Final Restoration Placement: At the end of the healing process, your dentist will remove your temporary restoration and attach your custom-made dental crown, implant-supported bridge, or All-on-4 dentures. You’ll be free to eat, speak, and smile with confidence!
Restoration Dental: The Best Choice for Implant-Supported Restorations
No one should struggle with the embarrassment and health problems caused by tooth loss. At Restoration Dental, we proudly offer compassionate, judgment-free dental care to each patient to help them achieve the best smiles possible. With a dental implant, an implant-supported bridge, or All-on-4 dentures, you can protect your oral health, enhance your smile’s appearance, and restore the normal function of your mouth.
If you have missing or severely damaged teeth, don’t wait another day to prioritize your oral health. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about how dental implants could improve your oral and overall health. You won’t believe the difference a healthy, beautiful smile can have in how you look and feel!
I am Dr. Fadi Naioom, a dedicated dentist who graduated with a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health in 2014. After realizing my dream of opening my own dental office in Phoenix Valley amidst the 2020 pandemic, I have committed myself to delivering personalized, comprehensive dental care to my patients. Beyond dentistry, I am a family man and a movie enthusiast, appreciating every moment I spend with my wife Mary and our two children, Micah and Emma.