Single Tooth Implants
Single Tooth Implant in Mesa, AZ
Few things can impact your quality of life quite like the health and appearance of your smile. If you have a missing or severely damaged tooth, you know how challenging performing normal daily tasks, such as talking, eating, and smiling, can be. The good news is that you don’t have to live with the discomfort and embarrassment of a missing or damaged tooth forever. With the help of a single tooth implant, you can restore the appearance, function, and comfort of your smile. Here’s what you should know about single tooth implants before scheduling your free consultation with the knowledgeable team at Restoration Dental.
Restore Your Trust . . . Restore Your Confidence . . . Restore Your Smile
Restoration Dental: Dependably Providing the Highest Standard of Care
What is a Single Tooth Implant?
A single tooth implant is a screw-shaped titanium post that is used to replace the root of a missing tooth. It is inserted directly into your jaw bone, which leads to the implant and bone fusing together. This provides a strong, permanent foundation for an abutment and tooth-colored dental crown to be attached.
Single Dental Implant Process
- The dentist will perform an oral exam to determine if you’re a good candidate for a single tooth implant. It’s important for you to have enough bone available to support the implant.
- Next, they will thoroughly numb the area around the missing tooth. The titanium post will then be placed into your jaw, leaving the rest of your natural teeth intact.
- You can expect the recovery time in which your mouth will heal and the implant to fuse with your bone to take between 3-6 months.
- Once your mouth is completely healed, an abutment and dental crown will be attached to the implant.
The Benefits of a Single Tooth Implant
Tooth implants are considered to be the superior tooth replacement option and for good reason. Single tooth implants can offer a number of benefits to individuals with severely damaged or missing teeth, including:
- Being as convenient to care for as your natural teeth
- Providing a natural-looking aesthetic
- Making it easier to chew, bite, and speak
- Being as comfortable as your natural teeth
- Being a durable, long-term solution
- Preventing bone loss and damage to surrounding teeth
How Long Do Single Tooth Implants Last?
Unlike other tooth replacement options that eventually need to be replaced over time, single tooth implants can last a lifetime with good oral hygiene habits. To keep your dental implant in tip-top shape, be sure to:
- Brush your teeth in the morning and at night
- Floss daily
- Visit the dentist two times a year for routine dental exams and professional cleanings
Cost of Single Dental Implants
The cost of your single tooth implant will depend on your dental insurance coverage. Please contact our mesa dental office to learn more about what your specific dental insurance plan includes.
Tooth Replacement in Mesa, AZ
You deserve to have a smile that you’re proud of. If you have a missing or severely damaged tooth, the experienced team at Restoration Dental can help you achieve a beautiful, functional smile once again. With a single tooth implant, you can speak, chew, and smile with confidence once again. Best of all, single tooth implants look and feel as good as your natural teeth, so no one will know that you’ve had a tooth replaced. For more information on how a single tooth implant could benefit you, contact us today to schedule your free consultation. You won’t believe how easy achieving the smile you’ve always wanted can be!